[CentOS] PERL module woes

Fri Jun 2 01:14:28 UTC 2006
Kurt Hansen <khansen at charityweb.net>

Karanbir Singh wrote:

>Kurt Hansen wrote:

>>>Your logic is confusing to me. It does not resemble what I would
>>>consider to be rational thought.
>>>

>>Is this the kind of rhetoric that is acceptable on this list? There is
>>no value to your comment except to insult.
>>

>you are much confused, Kurt, as to what CentOS is and what packaging
>policy with this distro is. I suggest you spend some time working that out.
>
>this isnt a Gentoo derevative, and never will be either.

Oh, so I should use a defective version of mod_perl and a sub-optimal
version of perl on my system to maintain the "packaging policy"? When I
have a solution that has worked for years, is versatile, and I understand.

>>Do you have any experience with the rpms to which I'm referring? Do you
>>work with the same software I do?
>>

>well, considering you dont know much about the distro you are using, it
>seems sort of academic to raise this question on your part.

Considering that you don't know much about the software I use, I think
you should consider refraining from commenting on my questions. Unless
you have something constructive to say rather than make insults.

Regards,

Kurt Hansen