[CentOS] PERL module woes

Fri Jun 2 08:19:43 UTC 2006
Daniel de Kok <danieldk at pobox.com>

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 21:04 -0400, Kurt Hansen wrote:
> This wasn't just a one-time thing, but happened several times from
> RH7.X on up through FC2. This proved to me that Red Hat was unable
> to support the components of their system that were most critical to
> me.

These are products from the "consumer line" of the upstream vendor. For
a fair judgment of their products, it is better to look at their
enterprise offerings. Besides that my experience is that they are very
willing to fix bugs if you send good bug reports and/or patches. So, did
you try an enterprise version, and if so, did you raise these issues to
the upstream vendor?

> I was also concerned that Red Hat would balk at supporting other parts
> of my systems if I had deviated from the supplied software. So, it
> didn't seem I would be getting any value for my thousands.

Yeah. If you don't require the support, it is a shame to waste that
money.

-- Daniel