[CentOS] PERL module woes

Fri Jun 2 12:25:26 UTC 2006

Kurt Hansen wrote:
>> you are much confused, Kurt, as to what CentOS is and what packaging
>> policy with this distro is. I suggest you spend some time working that
>> out.
>>
>> this isnt a Gentoo derevative, and never will be either.
> Oh, so I should use a defective version of mod_perl and a sub-optimal
> version of perl on my system to maintain the "packaging policy"?

perhaps you dont understand what a package is ? versions of s/w are not
locked into packages....  and redhat are not the only people who can
create packages. if you google for it, there are many docs out there
that explain howto build a rpm, if you like, here are some places to start :

http://www.gurulabs.com/GURULABS-RPM-LAB/GURULABS-RPM-GUIDE-v1.0.PDF

and...

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/drafts/rpm-guide-en/

> Considering that you don't know much about the software I use, I think
> you should consider refraining from commenting on my questions. Unless
> you have something constructive to say rather than make insults.

I would comment on the issues you face, but the darned tonfoil hat keeps
getting in the way of my mind scans to transparently read whats on your
mind.

- KB