[CentOS] how to 'yum update' in a %post

Fri Jun 2 14:20:59 UTC 2006
Tom Brown <tom at ng23.net>

> Try this in your kickstart file:
>
> %post --interpreter /bin/bash
> yes | yum update
>
> Without the '--interpreter /bin/bash' the code will (I think) be
> interpreted as python.  Also, when you run 'yum update' you are prompted
> to confirm that you want to go ahead and update the listed packages, and
> so you need to pipe 'yes' through it.

thanks for the response - with regard piping yes through to yum it seems
you can just specify  yum -y update and this will anser yes for you.

the interpreter bit is now causing the end of the kickstart to bomb out
with the error of '/usr/local/bin/bash can not be run' as this is where
bash is it seems. This is the %post bit of the kickstart

%post --nochroot --interpreter /usr/local/bin/bash
/usr/bin/yum -y update

any ideas??