[CentOS] PERL module woes

Fri Jun 2 18:22:07 UTC 2006
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Friday 02 June 2006 09:27, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> This was a couple of months ago, so I don't remember the details.  I
> think the main problem was SpamAssassin and all of its related
> modules.

SpamAssasin installs ok, but amavisd-new is a whole different animal.  I've
sent Karanbir the details.

> I may give it another attempt on my next build.  I know the repos are
> constantly getting better and more complete.

That they are.  Clam and SA went in without as much as a hiccup on my scalix
box (Scalix is, IMO at least, the best Exchange-replacement out there and has
a killer webmail).  I set up clam and spamassassin manually as milters
through sendmail.cf (the scalix installer rewrites sendmail.cf directly
without munging sendmail.mc; my sendmail.cf-fu isn't great, but it is lots
higher than a couple of weeks ago!).  I would prefer amavisd-new as a milter,
though, as anybody who has used amavisd-new versus raw SpamAssassin+clamav
would attest.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology