[CentOS] Re: Re: OpenOffice 2.0 rpms

Mon Jun 5 03:55:15 UTC 2006
Ralph Alvy <ralvy at warpmail.net>

Gavin Carr wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 07:53:58PM -0700, Ralph Alvy wrote:
>> Gavin Carr wrote:
>> > Was just wondering if anyone knows of any third-party RPMs for
>> > Open Office 2.0 for CentOS 4? Haven't come up with anything via yum
>> > or rpm.pbone.net yet, and would prefer not to go the openoffice.org
>> > binary installer route if possible.
>>
>> Why not use rpms supplied by openoffice.org? The install was flawless and
>> they work fine.
>
> Ah thanks Ralph. I'm downloading the tarball now and had assumed it
> was some kind of binary installer, not RPMs. Sorry for the noise.
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin

To upgrade Openoffice.org from 1.1.x to 2.x, I removed openoffice.org with

        yum remove openoffice

and then dowloaded and installed the latest Openoffice.org stuff from the OO
site itself. The file you download there is a compressed file of rpms. So
once I extracted them in a folder (you'll notice a redhat desktop
integration rpm in a subfolder there, which you can copy to the folder
where you dumped all the rpms), I just did

        rpm -ivh openoffice*.rpm

in that folder.