[CentOS] rpm mgetty (fax)

Mon Jun 5 06:41:31 UTC 2006
centos at bathnetworks.com <centos at bathnetworks.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am new on this forum.
> I use sme-server based now on centos.
> Before sme-server was based on redhat 7.3.
>
> With the old version of sme-server, I used mgetty 1.1.33.
>
> With centos, it is mgetty 1.1.31.
> Fedora has mgetty 1.1.33
> The last version is 1.1.35
>
>  Would it be possible to include the version of mgetty (1.1.33) in centos
> . In fact the version that is include for the moment (1.1.31) misses some
> important options (faxq-helper). Could you tell me who is in charge of
> such change in the distribution to ask him?
>
> Thank you
> anne

Anne,

Fedora is Redhat's development OS, once the software has been tested on
that OS it may appear in RHEL4 and hence Centos . You could try installing
the Fedora version, but you risk having problems as it may not have been
fully tested in the Redhat/Centos environment.

I used to use Fedora, but moved to Centos as I got fed up with updates
breaking my setup.

Rob