[CentOS] megaraid problem

Mon Jun 5 13:39:27 UTC 2006
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Jun 5, 2006, at 3:14 AM, Geert Batsleer wrote:

> I'm trying to install Centos 4.3 x86 on a PE 1400SC but the install
> doesn't find any HD's.
>
> So then I get the option to load a module, so I choose for the
> megaraid_mbox module for the LSI LOGIC 4CH PERC but my RAID5 still
> doesn't get recognised.
>
> Had the same problem 2 years ago with FC3 wich was due to the
> megaraid module wich got obsolete in the 2.6 kernel but somebody
> filed a bug and a driver disk was provided to solve this percy
> problem.
>
> Also tried installing the new shiney Ubuntu Dapper server release,
> but the install also suffered from the same problem.
>
> Could someone provide a loadable driver disk for centos?

i have a similar problem (i'm running CentOS 4 on some older HP
servers), and i was able to fix it by following these instructions:

http://www.tuxyturvy.com/blog/index.php?url=archives/4-Installing-
RHEL4-on-Systems-with-Legacy-Megaraid-Drivers.html

i keep meaning to roll up my own RPM for the legacy kernel module;
this reminded me of that project.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v