[CentOS] Raid Cards

Tue Jun 6 08:59:40 UTC 2006
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 at 12:28pm, Tony Wicks wrote

> http://www.highpoint-tech.com/datasheets/RR2220%20datasheet_050430.pdf Anyone
> know if this is any good under Centos 4.3 ? I see there is a current RHEL 3
> and 4 driver. Would that driver survive kernel upgrades, I'm guessing it
> would being modular ?

Is the driver in the kernel?  That's the real test for me.  Relying on a
vendor for driver updates for new kernels (no, you can't use a kernel
module compiled against kernel 2.4.9-31 in kernel 2.4.9-32) is *never* a
good place to be.

> (please don't tell me that 3ware is the only make to use, tw_cli is not
> exactly user friendly).

I disagree, but then there's always the pointy-clickiness of 3DM2.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering