[CentOS] Raid Cards

Tue Jun 6 11:04:12 UTC 2006
Tony Wicks <tony at prophecy.net.nz>

> If you don't like hardware raid then there is nothing else for you.

I love hardware raid, just can't afford it on every server.

>> Anyone using this -
>> http://www.promise.com/product/product_detail_eng.asp?segment=RAID%20HBAs&product_id=147
>>
>> Promise has never given me any joy under Linux.
>
> Nor has any other bios on a chip raid card manufacturer.
>
> Yes, Promise is supposed to have a few actual hardware raid cards...

Does someone have a up to date list of actual hardware raid cards ? I
know that as a general rule cheap=fake raid, but there must be a better
guide than that. Hell, I've spent good money on adaptec scsi raid carsd
to find they don't have real support. Infact adaptec seems to have very
little real linux support nowdays. My "Dell" megaraids seem to work
well, but I can't seem to get anything useful out of the supposed CLI
interface.