[CentOS] Problem with dual-booting soft-RAID

Tue Jun 6 16:40:29 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 15:31 +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Kai Schaetzl wrote on Mon, 05 Jun 2006 01:29:25 +0200:
>
> > done with disk druid during initial setup from server disk, so far so
> > good. Then I installed grub to hdb.
>
> Unfortunately, no one replied yet. Either because I'm doing something
> *really* stupid or no one knows a good answer?

I have never used so I can't help. But I *do* remember this being
discussed several times on the list and, IIRC, it was always make boot
partitions on each drive and install grub, test that both are bootable,
install all else, "kill" a drive and test again.

But, as I said, I've never done it and this is from memory.

Google with the right keywords and "site:centos" should get the postings
quickly.

> Am I supposed to install grub on both disks *before* RAIDing them
> together?
>
> Kai

HTH
--