[CentOS] Problem with dual-booting soft-RAID

Tue Jun 6 19:31:20 UTC 2006
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

William L. Maltby wrote on Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:40:29 -0400:

> do* remember this being
> discussed several times on the list

Yeah, and I followed them all with interest and read the referenced
how-tos. That's why I think I did all correct, but still it doesn't work.
Mostly, it bothers me that the installation of grub to both disks seems to
work but nothing changes.

> it was always make boot
> partitions on each drive and install grub,
> test that both are bootable,
> install all else, "kill" a drive and
> test again.

I setup the RAID mirror during initial installation, then installed grub
to both disks following a how-to and then tested. The problem is that
installing grub doesn't change anything on none of the drives it seems. I
did it now several times and there is no change. The first one is "grub
grub grub"ing and the second puts me in the grub prompt and boots only
"manually".

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany