[CentOS] Raid Cards

Fri Jun 9 11:30:50 UTC 2006
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

arecas are true hardware raid cards.

Feizhou wrote:

>> There was some nice performance comparison betwean linux compatible
>> sata raid cards and areca performed really well. If my memory serves
>> me well it was significantly faster then 3ware.
>> Can't find the url now :(. So i have no arguments to support it now.
>> But certainly areca it's worth a try.
>>

> ftp://ftp.areca.com.tw/RaidCards/Documents/Performance/ARC1120_Single_Card_Performance.pdf
>

> This is their own benchmark I think for one of their PCIe cards.
>

> ftp://ftp.areca.com.tw/RaidCards/Documents/Hardware/HWCompatibilityList_011706.pdf
>

> They appear to do their own testing so things look positive for Areca I
> guess.
>
> I am not sure that they are software raid implementations...if you ask
> me they look more like hardware raid cards. The adaptors ARC12xx all
> come with onboard memory, 128M for 4/8 port cards and a SO-DIMM slot
> that supports up to 1G for 12/16/24 port cards, which can also be
> battery backed-up.
>
> This looks more like an alternative to 3ware and not to HP/Promise bios
> on an adapter 'raid' cards.

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099