[CentOS] custom cd's

Fri Jun 9 19:00:02 UTC 2006
Steve <steve27 at cox.net>

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 10:23 -0500, Steve wrote:
>

>If you are just going to run as a thin client, why not PXE boot
>instead of installing anything locally?  The k12ltsp distro has
>everything canned for that - install it on a server and you
>are done.

Because I don't like the way k12ltsp works.  Because it requires PXE.
Because I feel that certain things belong on the client, and certain
things belong on the server.

I've thought about using k12ltsp instead, but somehow it seems "messy"
compared to what I am doing.

I believe in server-centricity.  But too much of a good thing can still
be bad.  YMMV.  It depends on the exact situation and the people involved.

-Steve