[CentOS] Problem with dual-booting soft-RAID

Sat Jun 10 17:31:23 UTC 2006
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Les Mikesell wrote on Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:00:54 -0500:

> If you followed the HOWTO you may have accounted for the different drive
> in the grub setup.

I don't know what you mean. I followed the howto and everything works. The
point is: in my opinion it should *not* work. No matter which drive I
remove it always boots successfully from the default 0 label, although that
is on hd0 which is gone if I remove that drive. Theoretically, it should
fail to boot from hd0 and fallback to hd1. This is IDE, not SCSI.

(I can also boot fine from hd1 if I interrupt the automatic boot, so grub
is setup correctly.)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany