[CentOS] Remaster CentOs Live CD

Mon Jun 12 01:51:52 UTC 2006
Steve <steve27 at cox.net>

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>Not completely ... there are also plenty of links to docs for
>remastering the CentOS Live CD too :)

Yes.  And that has not gone unnoticed.

I apologize, again, for the "clicko" that sent my original response to
this list instead of directly to the asker as originally intended.

CentOS has done an excellent job of not only replicating the upstream
provider's distro, but adding value to it.  I got a request from a
Debian oriented colleague yesterday, stating that  he had a client using
RHEL4 who needed a later version of PHP.  "It would be easy if this were
Debian", he said.  "But how can I do this in RHEL?"  I pointed him at
CentOSPlus.  And then I thought... you know,  if it hadn't been for
CentOS, this would have been a more difficult problem with a messier
solution. (I checked Dag first.  Let's not forget Dag!) That's what
reminded me of the "A rising tide lifts all boats" Szulik quote.

-Steve