OT: Hong Kong (wasRe: [CentOS] Raid Cards)

Wed Jun 14 11:01:04 UTC 2006
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Feizhou wrote:

>> I get that from my local vendor, and that may include an educational
>> discount. For example, another vendor I often use lists the 8LP at
>> $609.99.
>> My price is $491.98.
>> I think I should consider myself lucky!
>
> /me looks at Matt with envy.
>
> The price I am quoting comes from the local distributor...and it ain't
> that much lower too from local resellers.
>
> A whole hundred bucks difference. Sigh. So much for Hong Kong being a
> place for good deals.

I think my wife would disagree.  She would see the availability of
Granville Road in Kowloon where she could buy unlimited supplies of dirt
cheap designer bags and clothes as a good substitute. :D

How many cards did you need?  I wonder if they'd be cheaper in
Shenzhen?  Might be worth the ferry ride if you bought a lot of them.

Cheers,

OT