[CentOS] Microsoft-ds and H.323/Q.931? Which services are these?

Wed Jun 14 19:40:37 UTC 2006
M. Fioretti <mfioretti at mclink.it>

Hello,

I have just ran nmap on a remote server with a minimal (or so I
believed) Centos 4.3 installation. Besides what I expected (ssh,
httpd, smtp) it found as open for listening these ports:

Starting Nmap 3.95 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-06-14 17:57 CEST
Interesting ports on <my.remote.server>
(The 1667 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE    SERVICE
445/tcp  filtered microsoft-ds
1720/tcp filtered H.323/Q.931

which programs are these, and why should they be part of a server install? How can I find them so I can uninstall them?

TIA,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Live simply so others may simply live.       Ghandi