[CentOS] Enabling MD5 (longer passwords) after installation?

Wed Jun 14 21:19:59 UTC 2006
M. Fioretti <mfioretti at mclink.it>

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 16:06:14 PM -0500, Jason Bradley Nance
(aitrus at tresgeek.net) wrote:

> I mean, why in the world was the machine installed in the first
> place without md5 passwords?...

This *is* the same thing I asked myself (this is a VPS package I just
purchased, I didn't do the initial install), but this

>  I'm not looking for an answer, simply giving you a direction.

is the reason why I am asking all these questions these days,
thanks.

One of the big freaking problems with do-it-yourself FOSS is that so
much terminology is so damned cryptic (don't get me started on
smtp...)  that one needs to asks a lot of question just to figure out
what one really needs, and which real questions one should ask to
who...

Thanks for your comments, I'll forward them to my ISP tomorrow.

Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Man becomes truly man only by passing beyond himself.
				   Paul VI,    POPULORUM PROGRESSIO