[CentOS] Conflict installing openssl.i386 with openssl.x86_64 on a x86_64 system

Thu Jun 15 09:00:49 UTC 2006

Jay Leafey wrote:
> I had a similar problem, I needed the i686 version of openssl on my
> shiny, new 64-bit version and it just would not go.  What I ended up
> doing was running "yum install openssl.i686" and noting the dependencies
> when it failed, then reran yum to install the dependencies.  Finally I
> downloaded the openssl RPM for i686 and did an "rpm -ivh --excludedocs
> openssl*.i686.rpm" to get it all installed.  Since all of the conflicts
> were in the manpages, this worked out nicely.  Perhaps there will be
> problems later, but the install was clean and it seems to work just
> fine.  Now if I can just figure out why nxserver won't work on that
> system...

what are the chances that you could perhaps email me offlist the yum.log
and the output of rpm --qa --last, from that machine ? ( for rpm, make
sure its reporting the .arch as well ).

Kanwar, would you be able to do this as well ? since you are presently
having this issue, lets see if we can work through this.

- KB