[CentOS] rpm question

Thu Jun 15 16:40:21 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 15:54 +0100, Rob Watkin wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 09:07 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 11:56 +0100, Rob Watkin wrote:
>
> > > http://10.1.1.12/Centos4/mirrors/centos/4.3/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/samba-3.0.10-1.4E.6.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 443e1821
> > >

> > For the above and subsequent, I had something *similar* (memory unclear)
> > when I had not imported the GPG keys into rpm yet.
> <snip>

> I initially thought that I hadn't imported the keys too, so I checked
> with
>
> # rpm -qa |grep key
> gpg-pubkey-443e1821-421f218f

Mine shows similar. I have 6 instances and all of mine have ".(none)"
added to the end. I don't know if this is important.

> <snip>

> Rob
> <snip sig stuff>

I think you'll need one of the more experienced users to help. Hmm. I do
recall seeing Occasional problems of various types when mirrors and
stuff were getting updated. But then your problem should not be so
consistent.

BTW, while doing "man rpm", encountered these, that seem useful.
   For example, all currently imported public keys can be displayed by:

      rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*

   Details about a specific public key, when imported, can  be
   displayed by querying.  Here’s information about the Red Hat GPG/DSA
   key:

       rpm -qi gpg-pubkey-db42a60e

  Finally, public keys can be erased after importing just like packages.
  Here’s how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key

       rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e

HTH
--
Bill