[CentOS] Missing File

Fri Jun 16 12:27:04 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 6/15/06, dennis <dennis at bulacan.gov.ph> wrote:
> hi sir lary thank you for your quick responce, yesterday one file missing
> when is reboot my box i checked /tmp the file is missing ,so i checked
> /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit for a while for what's happening,thank you again sir
> lary

There is also a program called tmpwatch which runs by default in
a daily cron job. This process cleans out older files in /var/tmp and
/tmp in an effort to help administrators. Longterm things should not
be stored in /tmp or /var/tmp as they are temporary directories, and
can be subject to cleanings such as this. For more information about
the process, man tmpwatch or take a look at the cron job in
/etc/cron.daily/

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be