[CentOS] rrdttool 1.2 rpm

Sun Jun 18 11:39:18 UTC 2006
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Francois Caen wrote:
> > On 6/17/06, kadafax <kadafax at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> No error at all since months on centos 4 x86_64.
> >
> > Thank you folks. Upgraded last night and no problem so far. Love the
> > anti-aliased look.
> >
> > Dag, if you're listening: why have those RPMs as test RPMs?
>
> If you've used these test rpms - provide feedback via the rpmforge lists
> and say that they are stable and what conditions you have used them
> under. It *will* move the test rpms to stable faster this way.

Well, for one. The 1.2 RPM packages lack functionality that 1.0 provided
(like PHP bindings). They are also not a drop-in replacement for the 1.0
rrdtool, so if I would not release them as test-packages they would
replace the 1.0 packages.

Not sure what the best way to proceed is in this case. I just looked at
the renewed rrdtool website and in the download section there seems to
be PHP bindings now that work with rrdtool 1.2.

Maybe rrdtool 1.2 is ready now for general usage.

Kind regards,