[CentOS] Routing w/ Two Interfaces

Mon Jun 19 08:44:00 UTC 2006
Michael B Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com>

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:04:58 -0600
"Joshua Gimer" <jgimer at gmail.com> wrote:

> IP routing should be turned off by default. You will also need to edit your
> /etc/sysctl.conf file so that the line that reads:
>
> net.ipv4.ip_forward=0 reads net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>
> This will enable IP forwarding on all interfaces; if you want to enable it
> on just one interface then you will need to remove the previously stated
> line and add a line in /etc/sysctl.conf that reads:
>
> net.ipv4.conf.<interface>.forwarding=1 ## Replacing interface with the
> appropriate interface (ex. eth0).

I bet that's it. I don't recall ever doing this before but then again
the previous installation was pretty old (RH 7.2).

Unfortunately I won't know for sure until I rebuild the machine because
the disk just died!

Note to self: Don't use an IBM Deskstar from a machine that's been
sitting in the attic without air conditioning or heat for 6 years.

:-/

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization