[CentOS] CentOS-4.4 - Some major changes on the way

Tue Jun 20 16:33:52 UTC 2006
Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm.com>

Simon J Mudd wrote:

>> I would like to take the time to inform people that CentOS-4.4 will
>> contain some major changes.  The changes are significant enough that I
>> would like to spell out some of them now, probably at least a month
>> before the release of the upstream "EL4 update 4" is released.
>
> [snip changes]
>
> I assume from the comment that you make that these changes WILL be
> different to the versions expected to be distributed by RedHat?

Re-read the post.  I think you assumptions are wrong.  They are just
warning that the upstream RHEL stuff is changing to give us a heads up.

"All these changes will be implemented upstream and rolled out in the
released source code, so they will be incorporated into CentOS as well."