[CentOS] Mailers and records MX

Tue Jun 20 20:02:19 UTC 2006
israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu <israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu>

 even more details:

1. I use Mailscanner/postfix in the 3 MX's servers.
2. Using dig I get exactly the same of what I have in my bind server.
3.  http://dnsreport.com/ reports no problem at all.
4. I'm not using any greylisting.... Yet.. I'm setting right now
spamassassin with mailscanner..

Regards
Israel

-----Mensaje original-----
De: replies-lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
[mailto:replies-lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net]
Enviado el: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:04 PM
Para: SV-Israel Garcia
Asunto: Re: [CentOS] Mailers and records MX

are you seeing spam or "real" mail through the higher ordinal MX hosts?

spammers often target higher ordinal MX hosts because they assume that
there are fewer blocks there (e.g., the user base isn't checked).

if it's "real" mail, it can simply be that the lower ordinal MX hosts
are seen as slow by some sender's mail hosts.

  - Rick