[CentOS] Mailers and records MX

Tue Jun 20 21:44:25 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 22:49 +0200, Simon J Mudd wrote:
> israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu writes:
>
> >  even more details:
> >
> > 1. I use Mailscanner/postfix in the 3 MX's servers.
> > 2. Using dig I get exactly the same of what I have in my bind server.
> > 3.  http://dnsreport.com/ reports no problem at all.
> > 4. I'm not using any greylisting.... Yet.. I'm setting right now
> > spamassassin with mailscanner..
>
> See http://www.postfix.org/addon.html
>
> Quoting from the page:
>
> --- quote ---
> mailscanner system, works with Postfix and other MTAs. This uses
> unsupported methods to manipulate Postfix queue files, and there are
> multiple reports of message duplication and/or delivery of truncated
> messages.
> --- quote ---
>
> It's use is NOT recommended by Postfix's author.  This may not be
> the cause of the problem but ...
----
a LOT of postfix users use MailScanner and it is fine. There probably
will be some adjustments made for Postfix 2.3 but that is still in
development form anyway. The warnings are indicative of some personal
animus that Wietse has toward Julian (the author of MailScanner) and not
relevant to the fact that I have been using MailScanner for years
without incident.

Craig