[CentOS] yum and python. grief and grief. CentOS 4.3

Wed Jun 21 13:41:43 UTC 2006

Dan Shidlovsky wrote:
>> and you've not answered any of my earlier questions - what arch is this ?
>
> AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248
> Linux 2.4.20-021stab028.24.777-enterprise

humm a 2.4 kernel on CentOS4 is going to cause much issues.... exactly
what did you do to end up like this ? and more importantly 'why ?'

that being beside the point for now, how do you intend to keep the
machine updated for bug and security fix's if there is no working
package manager ?

if you really wanted to be persistent, you could just manually download
the emacs rpm's from
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/ and manually rpm
-i them in. but I'd still try and get a proper fix for the selinux issue
and get a package manager working

- KB