[CentOS] yum and python. grief and grief. CentOS 4.3

Wed Jun 21 13:42:56 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 6/21/06, Dan Shidlovsky <dmitrikozhevin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Erm, that is most definitely *not* a CentOS kernel...
> I'v got this system with virtual hosting.

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, what version of CentOS does this claim
to be (cat /etc/redhat-release)?
I don't recall this being mentioned in the threads, however the
software versions would seem to indicate that it's based on CentOS 4,
however with a 2.4 based kernel, I can only envision bad things coming
from this. CentOS 4 was built around the 2.6 kernel, selinux, and udev
support... all of which I would think a 2.4 kernel would throw a hissy
fit over.

To throw back to your original post, CentOS does work fine with the
distributed software, as our primary update system (yum) relies on
exactly this call to kick things off. You however seem to be using
some flavor of retarded mutant frankenstein version, and I would hold
your VPS provider entirely responsible for the train wreck you have
there.

> Can't install emacs, at all.
> Terrible. :(

That's a feature, not a flaw.
/vim user for life
//flame suit on!

Gotta have a laugh now and then.. sorry.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be