[CentOS] yum and python. grief and grief. CentOS 4.3

Wed Jun 21 14:09:10 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 14:51 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> >
> > So I now presume, based on the snippet Ralph provided that the breakage
> > is not *duplicates*, but multiple versions installed at the same time
> > (if we could believe my rpm db)? Is that correct?
> >

> i should have been clearer initially, its duplicates as in multiple
> copies of the same rpm but with different versions. You only want to
> have 1 version of 1 rpm installed per Arch

OK. Thanks. When I first started CentOS and had almost *zero* yum and
rpm background, I had some failures during updates. Learned about
clearing the yum cache and headers (IIRC?) from you folks on the list,
but had not yet read all the yum and rpm man pages and other docs. So
(out of fear or haste intelligence?  ;-) never looked into the rpm
status. Things were working, I was busy reading/learning and I was
"happy".

Now I'll "rpm -qa" it and see what I can find. Must be other stuff.
Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

--
Bill