[CentOS] yum and python. grief and grief. CentOS 4.3

Wed Jun 21 15:33:06 UTC 2006
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 21/06/06, William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> > You might want to go have a look back though the archives for the
> > cause of these problems.
> >
> > http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-March/062568.html
> >
> > This will give you a list of duplicated packages...
> >
> > # rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME}.%{arch}\n" | sort | uniq -d
>
> Thanks Will! Why is it so easy to recall reading all that once someone
> points you to it but I'm a total blank about it (sometimes) before being
> "reoriented". OTOH, I remember with amazing clarity most authored by
> myself!  :-)

Good question. I probably remembered that thread because I suffered
the problem and contributed a little (even though it was just to point
out the previous thread). :)

I suppose we skim threads and only really notice those that impact us
directly. I know I rarely read threads on X config for example, so if
I ever encounter X problems I'll be semi-clueless and will no doubt
ask questions that've been covered before.

Will.