[CentOS] can't change login screen resolution

Wed Jun 21 21:22:06 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 15:28 -0400, Paul wrote:
> After boot up, on the login screen, I can't seem to find how to change the
> resolution.  I've have it set at one resolution after login for all users,
> but still, the login screen remains the same.  It's a bit annoying because
> I get a warning message from my monitor of incorrect settings and
> sometimes it wacks out.  I think the refresh rate is what is causing it.
> Thanks.

Looked in /etc/X11/xorg.conf "Monitor" and "Screen" sections? Run
system-config-display (accessible through system settings drop down menu
from GUI Desktop or vi command line)?

If everything else is right and what you are really saying is that you
can't switch to another resolution you have defined in the xorg.conf
"Screen" section because you don't know the key combinations, then
<CTL>-<ALT>+{<+>|<->} WFM.

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--