[CentOS] x86 uniprocessor 4GB memory (fwd)

Fri Jun 23 09:54:42 UTC 2006
Bruno Sousa <bruno.sousa at first.pt>

Hi there,
Well, this machine has a built-in vga (intel chipset). I can use a old ati
rage xl, just in case.
Any way, thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Bruno

-----Mensagem original-----
De: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] Em nome de
Maciej Zenczykowski
Enviada: quinta-feira, 22 de Junho de 2006 21:56
Para: CentOS mailing list
Assunto: RE: [CentOS] x86 uniprocessor 4GB memory (fwd)

If you have an AGP video card which you aren't actually using you can try
selecting the minimum possible AGP apperture (window whatever) size
(possibly
even disable it?).  This might help.  Also removing the AGP card and using a

junk 1-8MB svga card will also possibly work.  In my experience the linear
framebuffer of video cards is by far the greatest memory hog these days.

Cheers,
MaZe.