[CentOS] Need help configuring additional serial ports

Fri Jun 23 18:52:23 UTC 2006
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

On Jun 23, 2006, at 14:40, William L. Maltby wrote:

> First look at /var/log/dmesg and see if it's found there. If it is,
> should should see some accurate numbers. Also /var/log/messages might
> have something.

Arrgh, I thought I looked in the output of dmesg before (I must have
grep'ed for ttyS1 and not seen anything).  But saving the output of
dmesg to a file, and looking at it line by line, I found that the
ports are there, but not as ttyS{1,2} as I expected, but rather as
ttyS{4,5}!  A quick test confirms that these ports are working just
fine.

Thanks,
Alfred