[CentOS] DRBD Problem

Sat Jun 24 10:34:42 UTC 2006
centos at bathnetworks.com <centos at bathnetworks.com>

> On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 07:02 +0100, centos at bathnetworks.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been wrestling with a problem with drdb and centos. I have
>> successfully created one drbd resource, but when I try the create a 2nd,
>> get an error on one of the nodes:
>>
>> Lower device is already mounted.
>> Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 disk /dev/hdd1 internal -1' terminated
>> with
>> exit code 20
>>
>> The partition is not mounted from fstab etc and is newly created with
>> parted after wiping this disk with dd.
>>
>> On the node with the problem I see:
>>
>> cat /proc/partitions
>> major minor  #blocks  name
>>
>>    3     0   60034968 hda
>>    3     1     514048 hda1
>>    3     2    1534207 hda2
>>    3     3   57986617 hda3
>>   22     0  120060864 hdc
>>   22     1  114688003 hdc1
>>   22    64  117220824 hdd
>>   22    65  114688003 hdd1
>>  253     0  117219800 dm-0
>>  253     1  114688003 dm-1
>>  147     0  114556928 drbd0
>>
>> On the other node the dm-0 and dm-1 do not occur. Being new to Linux, I
>> am
>> not sure where these come from. I have tried google, but nothing makes
>> sense.  This maybe a red herring, but dm-1 has the same number of blocks
>> as hdd1 which I am trying to mount so I'm guessing that this is the
>> cause
>> of the problem.
>>
>> As I have tried changing every thing I can except the mb/processor and
>> reinstalling, I'm really stuck.
>>
>> HELP Please.
>>
>> Rob
>>

> I am not an expert on filesystems ... but dm-0 and dm-1 look like raid 0
> or LVM partitions as they have 253 as their Major device number.
>
> What does fdisk -l say for that drive (/dev/hdd).

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I am aware, there is no raid or lvm setup on the machine.

disk -l for hdd gives:

Disk /dev/hdd: 120.0 GB, 120034123776 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 14593 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/hdd1               1       14278   114688003+  83  Linux

Rob