[CentOS] e1000 nic problem

Sun Jun 25 14:41:01 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

> I've been experiencing occassional network time-outs with the Intel Gigabit
> nic's (e1000) in Poweredge systems.
> I'm not sure if it's a hard or software problem but it occurs on different
> systems with Centos 4.2 and 4.3 and was wondering if there' s a  workaround
> available like compiling an updated e1000 module  or something.

I'd start by checking to make sure that the system is fully updated
(bios, OS etc) and then check out linux.dell.com for driver packages,
updates and things of that nature.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be