[CentOS] DNS Server

Sun Jun 25 21:00:41 UTC 2006
Franklin S Werren <admin at chautauqualake.net>

Hi There

Been using the BQ Cent OS on 2 servers with DNS
I have 3 other DNS's ... 5 all told
I may add a 6 in the next few weeks
DNS to me is the easy part.....
I just had to change 2 DNS IP's because
my co lo provider changed
Backbone providers.... Fun..Fun...

Be sure you have the IP/Name in your registrar
and you need 2 DNS's as a minimum
and you should have dns's on different
classes of IP address...
I have DNS's on Cable Modems, ADSL
and a T3....

You could run a DNS from a dial up because the
data needed is in the bytes size...
Once a DNS is working ...it will run by it's self

I have even used TreeWalk DNS if you do not mind the
use of notepad to set it up....

Drawback..... If you get someone PO at you they can
take you off the net by doing a DDOS attack against
your DNS's and get your provider PO at you....
But they could flood your pipe just by flooding your
web server.

Franklin S. Werren  www.bagpipes.net   www.chautauqualake.net
www.chautauqua.us

My 2 cents: Never get caught between 2 Tier 1 ISP's in a pissing match!!
                   The Net will loose every time!!!