[CentOS] ssh session output stalls

Mon Jun 26 15:20:50 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 16:12 +0100, Will McDonald wrote:
> On 26/06/06, Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 26/06/06, William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> > > If you put the outputs into a log file and then tail or more them, what
> > > are the results? Have you tried running the commands without SSH
> > > involvement?
> >
> > It might also be worth considering the use of Screen under these
> > circumstances. He'll be able to reconnect and resume the session,
> > assuming it is the SSH connection that's dropping and not the local
> > process locking up somehow.

Good idea. I was even going to suggest using something besides SH just
to see what happened. Regardless, I see there is also this param to SSH
(also in the config file) that may have some bearing?

  -o ConnectTimeout

That made me wonder if network congestion might have a role? If results
are inconsistent, as indicated IIRC, then congestion of *some* sort
seems a likely culprit.