[CentOS] Installing TOO USB Drive

Tue Jun 27 13:08:31 UTC 2006
Joshua Gimer <jgimer at gmail.com>

There are some processes that run whenever vmware is not directly in use.
VMWare creates virtual interfaces on your system so that it can do NIC
bridging for multiple virtual machines all at once. The three that I have
noticed are vmount2.exe, vmware-authd.exe, and vmnat.exe.

VMount2.exe - This is used as part of the importer in the software, it is
used to mount the images so that they can be imported into the virtual
machine.

VMware-authd.exe - This is used for authenticating local or remote users to
vmware.

VMnat.exe - This is used for setting up NAT between your virtual VMWare
network and your physical network.