[CentOS] Syslog

Tue Jun 27 20:08:36 UTC 2006
Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net>

William L. Maltby wrote:
>> <snip>
>>

> You might want to to a "man syslogd" and restart logging with debug
> turned on and some other parameters set. This should not affect your
> running Honey-Toasted-Number-Crunchers.

Ok.. maybe this will help get me back... few weeks back, talking about
shutting down unneeded processes, and servers.  I did such. About the
only thing I see NOT running that was before, but *shouldn't * affect,
or I'd think it would not affect syslogd is portmap.

You are correct Bill.. time for man syslogd and see what I need to do to
debug the thing.  All the obvious have been checked out.

Thanks....