[CentOS] Syslog

Tue Jun 27 20:37:45 UTC 2006
Alex Palenschat <alex at nssmgmt.com>

> No joy.  Q.  I see a process called "klogd" is running a
> different pid
> from syslogd.  I don't ever recall seeing something as klogd
> before??  I
> got a sneaking suspicion I stopped something, but if I only knew what
> besides syslogd was required.  Portmap does not apparently need to be
> running, as nothing still has been written to the log file,
> and a reboot
> did not help.  Rats.....

I know this won't help you now, but dconf is a great tool for dealing
with exactly this type of situation. I have it configured to send an
email every day from each server which tells me every config file that
gets edited that day. Go back to the day something stopped working and
voila.

Hope you can figure your problem out.

Alex Palenschat