[CentOS] Kernel build on i386 and nohighmem forbidden?

Wed Jun 28 14:35:09 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 6/28/06, Linus Hicks <lihicks at gpi.com> wrote:
> I looked in the release notes, but maybe I missed it. Is it not possible to
> build a kernel from CentOS 4.3 (using 2.6.9-34.0.1) with HIGHMEM support turned
> off? This is for a machine with 512mb.
>
> When I try to build the kernel, I get _etext undefined symbol on line 100 of
> pageattr.c in arch/i386/mm.

What kernel are you trying to build, and how are you trying to build it?

I should probably also throw in a 'why are you building your own
kernel?' too, but we'll save that for a little later.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be