[CentOS] Help with some screen command

Fri Jun 30 02:38:39 UTC 2006
Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at mordasiewicz.com>

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Erick Perez wrote:

> I want to connect to my server, run screen as root and then let
> another person log in a root also and let him run screen and attach to
> mine so he can "see" what im doing on the server. I haven't played
> with screen a lot but it seems a nice feature to teach him how to
> configure certain things.

you do not need to run screen as root, but you prolly already know
that.
when starting screen always use;
   [user at machine ~]$ screen -D -R
If you want to share your screen then start with the -x option, after
logging as the same user.
Not part of the original question, but three of my favorite screenrc
settings

# make the shell in every window a login shell
shell -$SHELL
# really cool status line
hardstatus alwayslastline "%{= kr}%C %D/%d %{= bw} %-w%{rw}%n %t%{= bw}%+w"
# make the spacebar list all the windows
bind ' ' windowlist -b

Another fun thing to do when sharing a screen session is to split it so
that one person is on the top part of the screen in a shell, and another
person is on the bottom screen. To split the screen Ctrl-A + S, then to
tab from top to bottom ctrl-a+tab. To go back to single pane type ctrl-a+Q

also http://www.google.ca/linux?hl=en&q=screen+share+session&btnG=Search