[CentOS] Remaster CentOs Live CD

Sat Jun 10 22:15:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 16:52 -0500, Steve wrote:
> Antonio Ortega Brook wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I have not any experience working in Red Hat based distros and I have
> > to remaster a Centos Live CD, Does anybody know how can I do that?
> > Thanks...
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> Have you recieved any help on this?  I'm afraid I have no experience
> with live CDs.  But have you received any help via private email?  I
> wasn't sure how to interpret Johnny's response on the list.
>
> Keeping in mind that I know nothing about live CDs, I do know a bit
> about the RedHat world.
>
> -Steve

Everything we do is open source, however I have no desire to help
someone create a replacement distro for CentOS.  I am just not
interested in helping someone create a competitor for our Distro ... I
can't see how anyone would be confused (or even surprised) about that.

We created a CentOS Live CD ... it is for recovery and you can use it
for testing.

We created a Single server CD to make installs easier.

For both of these, we will be happy to entertain changes that people
want ... but I don't think it is in our best interest to tell people
exactly how to build replacements for those, do you?

The scripts I used are published here for the LiveCD:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/build/livecd/

All the files for the Single Server CD are on it.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes