[CentOS] Installing TOO USB Drive

Mon Jun 26 20:45:35 UTC 2006
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 09:56 -0700, Mike wrote:
> That's an interesting idea, but  I'm not sure I want to fork out $200
> for vmware workstation.  Do you know if vmware player would be
> sufficient?

Have seen procedures for using VMware Player to install a new system
over an existing downloaded image.  Can't create a new VM from scratch.

> I'm also wondering, if vmware is installed does it add yet another
> constant process even when "not" in use?

Can't answer that one definitively, but I know VMware Workstation under
Linux does have some overhead with the services it starts, so I'd guess
that there would be something similar running for XP VMware Player.

Phil