[CentOS] USB key problems on enterprise systems

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Mar 4 11:38:58 UTC 2006

Collins Richey wrote:

>> You might try the CentOSPlus kernel as it has some added hardware turned
>> on.
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> 1. Can you (or someone) suggest a yum.conf addition? I'm not familiar
> with CentOSPlus.
> 2. Does the kernel install and upgrade grub like any other RHEL/CentOS
> kernel? Or is there a different procedure?

since centosplus is defined in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-base.repo (
default mode is disabled ), you can run "yum --enablerepo=centosplus
<yum operation>"

every kernel install will upgrade your bootloader, the install scripts
will detect if you have grub or lilo installed and update the param's
accordingly. The centosplus kernel has a different release string, so in
the grub or lilo menu, its easy to choose between the stock and
centosplus kernels.

- KB