[CentOS] Karanbir CentOS REPO - Breakability?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Mar 9 11:28:55 UTC 2006

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> Jim Smith wrote:
>>
>>> - it proceeded to install apt that nuked the dag and centos list
>>> files.
>> Who is this "it" you refer to ? the repository will not push apps down your
>> way. Also, since were talking about it - apt is deprecated and users are
>> actively encouraged to move to either yum or smartpm.
>
> I don't know why it would do that though. My most recent apt package does
> not include a configuration for my repo. One should install the
> rpmforge-release package to have that. So why would another apt package
> remove my configuration ?
>
> As a side-note, I'm happy to include whatever package that drove you
> (Jim) to Fedora Extras (rebuild) in the first place. And if you'd like to
> maintain it, more karma to you :-)

dag, I've done some work on how to ensure rpmforge.net rpms and the ones
from centos.karan.org can work together - even if we want to merge in
stuff onto one side, that might be an option I am happy to take and
maintain the specs. But at the moment 4.3 needs working on, once that is
done and released, we can revisit the situation.

however, no matter who is maintaining the packages and where - the
situation that he ( jim ) had will still come up.