[CentOS] /etc/exports file and any machine mount

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Mar 10 18:20:23 UTC 2006

I used to have an exports file like the following on redhat 7.3...
the would allow any machine to mount the /home/CentOS.iso directory.

/var/spool/lpd (rw)
/etc/silentm slave(ro,secure,no_all_squash,no_root_squash)
/home/CentOS.iso  (ro,secure,no_all_squash,no_root_squash)

This does not seem to work on centos 4.2. I have to explicitly
have a machine name like:
/home/CentOS.iso  machine(ro,secure,no_all_squash,no_root_squash)

for it to mount.

I have been looking at the nfs man page and dont see why this is not working
still.

How do I let any machine mount the /home/CentOS.iso directory.

Thanks,

Jerry