[CentOS] Moving files to new server

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 01:12:30 UTC 2006

On 12/03/06, Thomas E Dukes <edukes at alltel.net> wrote:
> The rsync works fine.  I used it to copy /home /var and /etc to the new
> server.  But something went wrong.  I think I copied something in /etc I
> shouldn't have.  The system won't mount the drive.  I am currently
> re-installing CentOS.
>
> Any idea of what I SHOULDN'T copy?

I would not copy /etc since it stores all setting files. Most likely
it is /etc/fsatb file that is creating problems as your new system is
looking for drives/partitions/lables that probably do not exists or
are named differently on new system.

I would be selective in coprying /var too.

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux