[CentOS] Moving files to new server

Thomas E Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Sun Mar 12 01:37:16 UTC 2006

I noticed that a fresh install of CentOS uses LVM.  If I remember correctly,
I had a /boot and a 2 - LVM's.  My old system doesn't use that.  I didn't
see an option in the install process that would let me do otherwise (the old
way).

> Alternatively (and much better) why not edit the fstab file
> instead of overwriting? This is best done with something like
> Knoppix boot and not with running OS.

I did an install of Redhat _years_ ago and have only had to upgrade.  I
never had to use this feature.  I don't have a clue what it is.

Guess I'm screwed.........

Thanks!!